Reply To: Appalling service on BACreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Appalling service on BA Reply To: Appalling service on BA

DisgustedofSwieqi
Participant

NTarrant

“What difficulty do you have in understanding that Air Malta does not have a monopoly on providing a social service.”

None. But that is not my point; Air Malta provides a social service (and bears the attendant costs), whilst it’s major competitors are given ‘route subsidies’ – i.e. paid to fly to Malta, in other words there is no level playing field. I repeat, this is the equivalent of Star Alliance and Skyteam being subsidised to fly into Heathrow.

“I notice that you don’t mention Air France and the subsidy paid to them from the French government over Concorde. You throwing Concorde into the discussion is a red herring. We are not talking about the distant past, we are talking 2011. The fact is BA has not had a hand out from HM Government for the losses it has made recently, fact is Air Malta will do.”

When you made this absolute statement

“At least BA has received not a penny in government aid.”

You did not put any time limits on it. Anyway, a billion goes a long way, doesn’t it?

“I notice that you don’t mention Air France and the subsidy paid to them from the French government over Concorde. “

Because I was rebutting your incorrect point about British Airways.