Reply To: Appalling service on BA

Back to Forum

NTarrant
Participant

I agree with you Steve, the problem is like you say it is UK industry today and the desire for jam today and tomorrow and worry about next month when it comes.

Personally I would not pay another £5k to travel F and would never recharge a customer that either. I have only ever travelled F three times, once as an upgrade and the other two was when the upgrade price was £430.00. It was worth the £430.00 but not £5K.

Disgusted having never flown on Air Malta I could not say what the level of service is. I take you at your word in what you describe and do not and never have doubted you. If I had a need to travel to Malta then I would probably use Air Malta, particularly since BA withdrew its service. I don’t have any disagreement that Air Malta provides a social service, but they are not alone and my example of both BA and Flybedo to the Channel Islands. What difficulty do you have in understanding that Air Malta does not have a monopoly on providing a social service.

I notice that you don’t mention Air France and the subsidy paid to them from the French government over Concorde. You throwing Concorde into the discussion is a red herring. We are not talking about the distant past, we are talking 2011. The fact is BA has not had a hand out from HM Government for the losses it has made recently, fact is Air Malta will do.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls