Reply To: Appalling service on BACreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Appalling service on BA Reply To: Appalling service on BA

DisgustedofSwieqi
Participant

NTarrant

Why do you need VK to tell you what to think, when I have supplied a definitive reference? (From the UK Parliament LIbrary.)

You should withdraw your assertion that “At least BA has received not a penny in government aid. “

I have demonstarted that this was incorrect, that BA received an effective gift of over £1bn.

Your assertion that this does not count, because it was before privatisation, is not tenable as the company were able to (skillfully) turn the Concorde fleet into a profitable operation and received effectively a subsidiy for the years of operation, as well as the development costs and a write off of £160 million of public dividend capital.

Secondly, why are you having trouble understanding that Air Malta has to provide a social service, as well as a commercial service, in the the face of route subsidised competition?

If Star Alliance and Skyteam was paid a subsidy to fly into Heathrow, then BA might struggle to make a profit, might they not?

Anyway, the point is that Air Malta provides a better business class product than BA, fact. I experienced it again today.

Same A320, same 2 x 2 seat layout, but two big differences

1) cabin crew who were very friendly and provided a great service, unlike my last few shorthaul BA flights (BA long haul is a different matter)

2) decent food

3) a hot towel

4) an orange juice before departure

5) a clean and tidy aircraft

It is not rocket science and none of the above costs very much to provide, especially #1, whcih should be free.

This is the standard BA has to deliver in Club Europe and I can only empathise with Honest Crew for having to work with both hands tied behind back, it is not so many years since BA was a really top class airline. It must be demotivating.