Reply To: Appalling service on BACreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Appalling service on BA Reply To: Appalling service on BA

DisgustedofSwieqi
Participant

“Erm…how much money has the Air Malta bailout cost…? €52 million last year. And it’s not out of the woods yet.”

No, that was a projection and it will not be as much as that. A big transformation programme is currently underway.

To put it into context, Ryanair allegedly receives 40€ per passenger in local subsidies, that does not help Air Malta very much.

Air Malta does not have the luxury of being the prime slot holder at one of the busiest hubs in the world, life is a constant fight.

“Disgusted – I recall that you are a resident of Malta so in the end you have paid in your taxes to prop up Air Malta. Not exactly a level playing field when an airline or any other mode can get a free bail out from the government.”

Given that Air Malta is the lifeblood of our country, I would much rather see it supported than an opportunistic company which does not provide the same socially important function (e.g. taking sick people and kids to London or other medical centres of excellence), often providing last minute emergency reaction.

“At least BA has received not a penny in government aid. Your disgusted, so am I that you can bang on about Air Malta when of course it can give a better service than BA it can loose millions to do so!”

What about the £1.06 Billion written off by HMG – yes, BILLION, for the Concorde fleet?

http://www.parliament.uk/briefingpapers/commons/lib/research/briefings/snbt-02764.pdf

Perhaps you ought to get your facts right, before you get on your high horse.

And while you are at it, have a look at the Alitalia CAI deal.

Air Malta provides a good service because it has to, to differentiate against a myriad of competition.