Reply To: Appalling service on BABack to Forum
I don’t think anyone could deny that Food & Beverage standards onboard BA have slipped significantly in recent years.
However, Keith Williams has confirmed that improvements are imminent. Also, BA has recruited Frank Van Der Post as Director of Brands and Customer Experience from Jumeirah Hotels Group so more changes are on the way.
Ultimately, if you don’t think BA is delivering vote with your feet and go elsewhere. Though you might find the grass is not always greener. Familiarity can also breed contempt.
In BA’s defence, it’s not all cuts and doom and gloom:
– LCY now has an all Embraerer fleet
– 14 of the 21 767s are being refurbished
– The 777s without AVOD are to get the Thales IFE system
– The 757s have been sold and older Airbus A320s are being retired
– New 777s have been delivered with more to come, along with the A380 and 787 and a further joint order with IB.
– Outstation lounges are being refurbished and ground handling improvements are expected at LHR.
– On the subject of LHR, BA’s reputation for poor punctuality and baggage handling is in the past. T5C is opening later this year.
It’s not all doom and gloom. Keith Williams made a comment recently that BA has spent the last decade fixing legacy issues and with most of the legacy issues addressed BA can move on and be focused on growing and the market, rather than fighting internal issues.