Reply To: Appalling service on BACreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Appalling service on BA Reply To: Appalling service on BA

sparkyflyer
Participant

Any business needs to keep an eye on costs, but some minor savings ensure that the desirability of the product offering is reduced. For example, the towel service on boarding in Club Europe been removed, did it really cost that much? Yet it was always a welcome relief when boarding the plane and a nice start to the flight.

My previous comany used to be quite tight, and on short haul we would always travel economy, however for my summer holiday flights I would usually treat myself to Club Europe, and would look forward to this. Last year flew to Madrid and Barcelona and it was a disappointment and an anticlimax. The lack of towel, food offering inferior to what it was 2/3 years ago etc.

This year I am wondering if should pay the extra for C class and go economy/traveller or indeed try another carrier.

Indeed I used to proudly recommend BA to clients flying into UK and for friends coming to visit, but am less inclined to do so now.

I see that Lufthansa is beginning to offer a meal service in economy again on short haul flghts, and has been detailed here in other posts other carriers are being far more competitive, it will be interesting to see if BA even tries to respond.