Reply To: Appalling service on BACreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Appalling service on BA Reply To: Appalling service on BA

SilverShadow
Participant

When I saw this post, I was compelled to contribute.

I can only imagine the despair that some people feel about the BA brand. Even I, one of BA’s biggest fans am slowly seeing my loyalty to the brand eroded.

My loyalty only remains as I don’t think there is an alternative carrier to BA to switch to. I need a UK based airline that flies to a number of different continents and that isn’t Virgin as I hate their seats and the herringbone layout.

I love the CW seat but find the food offering an absolute joke, I don’t think that standard of food should even be served in economy. On a recent JFK to LHR, a brie and cranberry sandwich was a stale sub roll with no butter, slices of brie and DRIED cranberries scattered over it, not cranberry jelly! Was someone having a laugh?!

Last week I flew between LHR and AUH in First and on both sectors had the oldest possible seats, complete with cassette players and no AVOD. That you can pay so much and receive such an old seat that doesn’t even rival some carriers business offering is a joke. I also see the menu being scaled back each time I fly – I used to enjoy the fillet of beef or steak in the air, now there’s just chicken and sometimes fish.

Having said all this, the service I received on the way back from AUH was absolutely impeccable, probably the best I have ever received. In part I think it was because the crew felt they had to make up for incredibly dated cabin, but it was good to see that when it wants to be, BA can still deliver incredible service.

Whether you get that service or a cabin in a decent state seems to be a lottery and not one that customers will be prepared to pay for too much longer.