Reply To: Appalling service on BA

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

Hi

I thik if I had paid £10,000 for a first class ticket, i too would be pretty *****ed off it I was served mustard in a plastic sachet – but like “most” people, I tend to buy dioscounted First and Club world tickets that come no where near the full amount.

Perhaps the cause of the “drop” in service levels is caused in part by the discounted ticket prices, free upgrades and free airmiles or reward tickets in circulation.

Personally, I generally find 1 in 4 or 5 flights you get the “Hinge and Bracket” style cabin crew who clearly show they would prefered not to have turned up for work. But in the main, I get excellent service from the majority of crews.

If the discounted ticket prices, free upgrades and number of airmiles in circulation reduced and the number of genuine high rollers paying full fares resumed, perhaps BA would have higher profit margins from the premium seats to allow for silver service, as oppose to plastic service.

I agree that the image has gone down, you only need to experience the number of BA staff travelling on the upper deck of CW to understand why the the airline can not afford to invest into these areas.

Remember travellers, an airline needs to make money before it can pump money back into the product.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls