Reply To: A380 – Good or Bad

Back to Forum

Binman62
Participant

I have experienced QF First. Crew were overly familiar and cabin layout not good if travelling with partner or family. Seat comfortable but I would rather fly facing backwards that at an angle, even with a cross over seat belt.
For me the biggest issue is that Qantas have missed an opportunity to provide a truly luxurious space.(and I do not mean Bling!!)They have instead gone for a utilitarian beige environment. BA’s first refurbishment at least attempted to do this with blue blinds and the little lamp. The BA cabin looks very inviting, particularly at night albeit with reduced personal space.
The A380 was quite and I found both takeoff and landing to be smooth. I also liked the ability to move around and use the upstairs lounge area (which was nothing special). I thought the stairs at the front of the aircraft were OTT and took up too much space especially in the First Cabin and made me wonder why the First Cabin had not been put upstairs with Business behind to provide a premium deck.

In all I came off feeling that it had been a good experience but nothing special but it certainly and failed to live up to the hype. I am however a 747 fan from decades of flying on the wonderful aircraft. The nose section in particular will be hard to beat by any pretender to the 747’s crown.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls