Reply To: UK Campaign for a Fair Tax on Flying

Back to Forum

FlyingChinaman
Participant

I am very glad the British publics are lobbying to their government to lower or to stop the next crazy ADP increases, as in the last few years.

When it was raised to a level where enough is enough, I routed my flights to arrive LHR for my first business destination and hopover to a European city for my next leg and returning home from many of the airports on the Continent where they don’t milk the premium passengers dry! It is of no inconvenience to me and as a result the UK government have collected LESS ADP from me compared to the past. I am not the only non-UK passengers doing this.

But if the Brits want to have their hospitals,, police force and schools paid for by the ADP, let that be.

BA has to lure (or steal) the European passnegers for flying indirect routes and must offering a substancially lower fares compared to passengers from their home turf. One has to pay for the convenience service, and in this case through the nose. I feel sorry for the people.

BA only carries a small percentage of travellers EX-EU. London has the bulk of the business traffics. BA is not about to change that for sure .

There is a big difference between higher airfares for the UK-based passengers as they can always take another airline for a lower fare

There is no way to escape the ADP which applies to all passengers EX-UK!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls