Reply To: Swiss Today – Perhaps the Perfect Short-Haul Flight….

Back to Forum

KeaneJohn
Participant

Well I have flown my PRG-ZRH-LCY sectors now.. I have to say that Swiss still get a thumbs up from me.

The Helvetic Airways codeshare flight to Zurich was OK. A poor offering food wise (compared to Swiss operated flights), but helpful and attentive crew who were clearly stressed by a large party of Swiss people that had spent the weekend in Prague. Crystal Lounge for *A Gold and Business Class one of the best around. Wide choice of refreshments, free wifi and comfortable seating areas. Personally came to tell me of a 40 minute flight delay. Glad that I had allowed 2h25 mins between flights at ZRH as opposed to 65 as didn’t want to rush through again like I did on my outbound journey.

Had a look at other LX lounges at ZRH and was disappointed to find that their long bar was a smokers bar..

No business class security lines at B gates so despite going to line 20 mins before flight I was the last to board and was taken to aircraft by minibus.

Same meal as on my ZRH-PRG sector which was delicious an again an attentive crew.

Here is probably the best bit… landed 15 minutes early. On the DLR within 7 minutes of touchdown and this is including reclaiming luggage. Walked in the front door 28 minutes after landing thanks to a DLR and bus turning up within 1 minute.

Have since flown LCY-FRA(-DXB) with LH and the LH flight from LCY did not even come on a par.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls