Reply To: Swiss Today – Perhaps the Perfect Short-Haul Flight….Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Swiss Today – Perhaps the Perfect Short-Haul Flight…. Reply To: Swiss Today – Perhaps the Perfect Short-Haul Flight….

LuganoPirate
Participant

Just flew Swiss GVA – LCY return in business with miles. On checking in I was told there was no reservation for me. Shocked I produced on my iPad the booking. It took the lady 2 seconds to spot I had booked the outbound flight for a week earlier, on the 11th, when I was still in JNB!

Oops, the dangers of the “fat finger” when booking with an iPad or iPhone!!!

I had booked a business saver for 25,000 miles using some about to expire miles from my mothers account, and this ticket is non-refundable etc. To Swiss’s great credit, they agreed to honour the booking for an extra 20,000 miles and 70 francs. It was an exception granted as they could see I flew back with them from JNB on the 11th and am a Senator.

Than came a call back. They could do nothing as the miles came from my mother, who did not have the extra 20,000 needed, and they are not allowed to top that up with miles from another account.

So it was a new ticket, again exceptionally granted as the flight was quite full and with just 1 hour to go, for 45,000 miles and he fully credited the taxes etc to the new ticket as I would have lost some of those.

Well done and thanks to Swiss for helping to sort all this out in a very kind and helpful way. Also a lesson for all users of these gadgets to be aware of the fat finger and double check those dates.

PS. The flight, service and crew were as always on top form.