Reply To: Swiss Today – Perhaps the Perfect Short-Haul Flight….Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Swiss Today – Perhaps the Perfect Short-Haul Flight…. Reply To: Swiss Today – Perhaps the Perfect Short-Haul Flight….

KeaneJohn
Participant

Hi there Clive.. In PRG at the moment after flying LHR-ZRH-PRG on Friday. Mixed experience.

Although I live in Woolwich appointments in Central London made it more convenient to fly from LHR so got to use BMI Lounge. Was very busy on a Friday early afternoon with hardly any seats available. Large group of loud people hogging the bar area and mediocre food available. Still managed a couple of glasses of wine and a sandwich before boarding. Was going to check out Star Alliance lounge as well but spent too long shopping.

LHR-ZRH sector 19 pax out of 24 so a busy cabin. Again a mediocre food offering. Dried ham with a pea salad. light mouse and cheese. Was funny to see a passenger in front who ordered a vegetarian meal to be initially told its wasn’t available and offered a serving of cheese when another crew member produced her meal. Crew genrally attentive and never an empty champagne class. Flight had departure delay due to restrictions in ZRH. Captain came into cabin and explained what was going to happen and that once airborne and ETA in ZRH known he would get connecting information. A nice touch I thought.

Landed in ZRH 25 mins late with 55 min connection. Buses at steps for pax with shorter connections. Mad dash through transfers and A security which seemed to be busy but went down quickly. Arrived at gate 5 minutes before departure to find it was showing final call. I was last pax and was taken by bus to aircraft.

Food offering better in so far as a very tasty chicken and mustard salad and again a bottomless champagne glass.. With glasses changed when a new bottle was opened.

Baggage was second off (I am guessing as one of last to be loaded) so a welcome sign and in taxi on way to hotel within 10 mins of landing.

On the whole a very pleasant experience.. Have had better on LX but can’t complain. I guess busy flights and delays put a bit more pressure on.

PRG-ZRH-LCY tomorrow wil let you know how that goes too.

Incidently on Wed I am flying LCY-FRA-DXB with LH and then DXB-MCT with LX on Sat in J. Does anybody know what the service is likely to be like for J on this short hop.