Reply To: Updates on Business Class 2011Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Updates on Business Class 2011 Reply To: Updates on Business Class 2011

LuganoPirate
Participant

Flying back with Swiss from JNB Friday night, I saw the new business seats. There seems to be much more working space with large arm-rests / tables but the seat to me looked to be the same size, though if it were an inch or two wider / longer that would be hard to see.

I fell asleep before I could have a look it they were really fully flat so cannot comment on that.

Interestingly I was told they will not put the new seat as found in First on the A330 into the A340. It seems after surveying their frequent passengers (I was never asked!) in destinations served by the A340, the popular consensus was the seat should remain the same and not be replaced with the new First seat.

I find this hard to believe as I thought the new F seat was amazing on my last A330 flight from NY, and especially the big TV screen.

I would like to add, that Swiss service was as usual outstanding, and the First Class lounge staff at ZRH were especially friendly and helpful.

I do like the fact the “Maitre de Cabine” comes and greets each passenger personally by name (don’t know how he remembers as he had no lists with him) and gives flight information etc personally.

How much better they are compared to Lufty where all the staff seem bitter and unfriendly and no-one greets you!!!