Reply To: Air France – total lack of customer empathy, will never fly them again

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

What a frustrating situation.

Though I have had a few bags go missing for a few days, I have never actually “lost” any luggage permanently. So I hope you can take heart from that.

As baggage handlers and others return to work after the holidays, I have no doubt that the likelihood of your bags being found and returned to you will increase markedly.

Though it is an emotive situation, swearing off flying an airline doesn’t really have any effect, even when publicised on internet forums.

To minimise the chances of this happening again, could I suggest you have a look at this thread, which gives some handy hints for minimising the risk and hassle of losing bags, and should almost eliminate the possibility of losing anything permanently:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/The-Ten-Commandments-for-Avoiding-and-Managing-Lost-Luggage

Good luck with your search; keep us posted!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls