Reply To: Cancelled Flights – Who Is Responsible?

Back to Forum

LuganoPirate
Participant

flier74, without wishing to sound harsh, be glad you managed to get home and put it down to experience (or insurance if you can). At the end of the day airlines are businesses that need to make money to survive. Had you stayed at HAM I’m sure the airline would have met their obligations and got you home – eventually! They may even have paid to put you up in a hotel?

You chose to bypass all that as you wanted to get home quickly by any means possible so you took the option of going by train. In those circumstances I don’t think the airline will compensate you, though maybe they will refund the unused part of the ticket and taxes, and I also doubt if your insurance will cover you for a whole number of reasons.

I would have done (have done) the same as you to get home, and just written off the cost of probably a few hundred pounds as I sink comfortably into my sofa at home.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls