Reply To: Chaos at T5…nowCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Chaos at T5…now Reply To: Chaos at T5…now

Binman62
Participant

Martinee-Allstars…. how wonderful for ou to get home for Christmas. Well Done.
How wonderful also that BA, 7 days after they lost control of their operations following 20 minutes of snowfall on the 17th December, had at last a plan in place to deal with the chaos their incompetence had originally created and which was compounded by the inept retailers at the BAA in the days that followed (18th/19th 20th 21st December).
I was delayed 12 hours on the Friday, 5 of which were on board a one of their short haull aircraft. The following Monday I was again held on board one of their short haul aircraft for almost 5 hours before they cancelled it. The ground staff on instructions from some nameless faceless manager refused initially to provide rebooking.
BA should receive no praise for what went on last week from any quarter. It was a shameful national embarrassment that has once again brought misery to many this festive season and all because of a complete lack of planning, operational incompetence and a refusal to accept that snow was on the way and take action in advance.
I would also predict that with WW departure in the new year you will see a nose dive in operational performance as a once again the airline is lead by those with no operatiuonal experience whatsoever.