Reply To: Chaos at T5…now

Back to Forum

Potakas
Participant

I finally arrived home, i was one from the luckiest as i was automatically reboked for the next day on the same flight i missed.Actually i received a phone call from the BA’s Greek reservation department the moment was waiting on the T5’s connection desk- to find out that i missed my connection, on the phone call they told me we are very sorry you missed your connection you are already rebooked on the same flight tomorrow.

Next day i went to T5 and as i was travelling CE the check in was very easy and everything for me.

My girlfriend although was there from Saturday and she had to wait until today to arrive home.

The queues in order to be waitinglisted for economy travellers were for 7.5 hours as a man told me when we had a little talk. He was on his third attemp to be on the waiting list, 7.5 hours each….

Although i think that the BA’s ground support was excellent, they wanted to do anything to help you. Mostly they knew what they were talking about as every time i double checked an answer i had the same one from a different ground staff. I also imagine what kind of angry passengers they were dealing with, the last couple of days.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls