Reply To: Chaos at T5…now

Back to Forum

continentalclub
Participant

FrequentTraveller I’m not suggesting for a second that passengers are not paying anything, but all the evidence would suggest that we’re simply not paying enough. Nowhere in the European commercial aviation industry is there anything like enough margin to be able to fund the contingency for which so many are clamouring.

Worse still, in Heathrow’s case, Ferrovial’s interest payments on their investment are enormous and rising:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1339299/Debt-levels-BAA-soar-hits-520m.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Yes, it can be argued that they made a poor acquisition, but if the airport is of national strategic importance then there’s an argument that it should be controlled and developed by the state.

If that’s what UK-based passengers want, then they will have to support politicians who agree.

FlyingChinaman I think you’re agreeing that the UK Secretary of State’s position on the matter is somewhat contradictory – and I am certainly not supporting it myself.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls