Reply To: Chaos at T5…now

Back to Forum

Rebekah1989
Participant

That was what I called AC to confirm. I was hoping that I could just plan today to take a flight via Helsinki or any other airport that works. Rome, Zurich, Barcelona etc. I was told that as the flight isn’t canceled they can’t do anything. My option is to buy a ticket ($3,000 one way) and be reimbursed for the AC ticket IF my flight is canceled.

FURTHERMORE, all flights to Switzerland via other routes or direct are full, I was told the first flight to Zurich I can get with AC is on the 30th! When I asked if they could put me on another carrier I was told that because of the different reservation systems it would take 48 hours to process a change of ticket onto another airline that they will only do AFTER my flight has been canceled.

I called Swiss Air, who I fly from LHR with, they were much more helpful. I’ll try calling AC again, and from the airport tomorrow kick up a fuss and try get on another flight.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls