Reply To: Chaos at T5…now

Back to Forum

Binman62
Participant

As I wait patiently with wife and 2 kids for my flight home I am struck my the sage comments of those unaffected by this mess 4 days before Christmas and who are sitting comfortably at home.
For me it is not about the snow but about the lack of information. My flights did and are likely to operate but those that have been cancelled have been done so with in hours of departure making it near on impossible for thos eof us with some resourcfullness to plan a way out of it. On Friday I along with my wife and kids were held on board a plane for 4 hours having waited 5 hours to board. We were told in no uncertain circumatnces that if we got off BA would not help in any way and we would not get our bags back. Our insurnce would not have helped as we had chosen to get off. The EU rules may be one thing but BA behaviour on Friday was scandelous and the problems of this weekend almost certainly as a result of their inability to plan or communicate despite the forecast being clear.
Once home I will make post a detailed and truthful account of what went on this weekend but as I sit here surrounded by feet of snow I note that it is only BA who are disrupted and only LHR with a fraction of the snow they have here who are all but shut.
It is a news items across the globe on Sky BBC CNN German news and Fox. It is by any measure a national embarrassment and completely unacceptable.
Missing a few days of you holiday may be one thing but being far from home at this time of year and being unable to put a plan together because of a lack of information is something else altogether.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls