Reply To: BA Ballot: BASSA’s Hat Trick of Own GoalsCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Ballot: BASSA’s Hat Trick of Own Goals Reply To: BA Ballot: BASSA’s Hat Trick of Own Goals

Cedric_Statherby
Participant

Flying Chinaman – thank you. One of the best puns I’ve read for years!

VK and others – I am fascinated by this, as it appears that BA seem to be able to differentiate between union and non-union staff when making pay offers. Is this legal? How does it avoid the accusation of “disadvantaging unionised labour”, or in other words penalising staff for belonging to a union? That has I thought been illegal for decades (literally).

More generally, any strike by BASSA will affect five groups of people: BA’s customers, BA’s shareholders, BA’s cabin crew, BA’s management and BASSA’s officers

I observe in passing that:
– only the first three (customers, shareholders and staff) lose if a strike is called
– only the last two (management and BASSA officials) can make a strike unnecessary or call it off

SO, we have a situation that (a) those that suffer are powerless to stop a strike and (b) those that can stop it don’t suffer. What an invitation for intransigence and irresponsibility!