Reply To: BA Ballot: BASSA’s Hat Trick of Own GoalsCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Ballot: BASSA’s Hat Trick of Own Goals Reply To: BA Ballot: BASSA’s Hat Trick of Own Goals

Hippocampus
Participant

This is rather succinct critique of the position BASSA and Unite find themselves in:

http://dofonline.co.uk/blogs/the-edge/business/unite-management-british-airways-23423432/

As things stand at the moment, I do not see a settlement being reached between the company and Unite. I think a lot of goodwill has been squandered when Unite reneged on its promise to put the latest offer to the membership. From the company’s perspective, there seems little point in putting forward any revised offers when the two branches are still in conflict with each other and Unite cannot control them.

In terms of what happens next, I expect BA will keep its powder dry until the outcome of the ballot is known. If some in BASSA and Unite are expecting the departure of Willie Walsh to the new International Airlines Group holding company to mean that the company will be more concilliatory, I would not be certain of that. Quite the opposite in fact.