Reply To: BA/QF codeshare fares

Back to Forum

CMBurchhardt
Participant

these fares appeared on BA’s own website, albeit the Italian site. Both fares had BA flight numbers, but the ones operated by Qantas were 700 Euros cheaper than the flights operated by BA. The outbound legs were all the same price. I dont understand how BA are able to charge a higher fare on a codeshare just becasue their clubworld seats are being used instead of the Qantas business class.

Of further interest, is a website where by chance I have been able to schedule Finnair outbound and BA return for a fare of around the usual amount I pay and an even stranger one where I can get a Finnair (BKK return) ticket less than the price |I paid recently from the UK, in Business.

I would gladly pay a travel agent a fee to undertake these searches for me becasue although I am finding these querks in ticket prices and routings, I really dont have the time – but it is interesting neverthe less.

PS – I check with the airline each time I buy these tickets.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls