Reply To: Finnair and Blue 1 Cabin Strike

Back to Forum

SimonRowberry
Participant

Today’s missive from Finnair:

“Dear corporate client,

The Finnish cabin crew union strike is still affecting Finnair’s flight traffic. At the moment, we do not have any further information regarding the duration of the strike.

If your flight is cancelled, we will contact you personally via text message to provide you with additional information and instructions. For this reason, it is extremely important that you have provided us with a correct and up-to-date mobile phone number. To enter a phone number now, or to check that the phone number you have entered is correct, please follow the directions set out on our information page (www.finnair.fi/info).

Postponing your trip, refund, rerouting

If your trip begins on 6 December 2010 or earlier,

You may postpone your trip, returning latest on 31 March 2011.
You may apply for refund for an unused Finnair flight ticket: Application for refund if your flight is cancelled. If your ticket was issued by a travel agency or their internet service, another airline, please contact the issuing office for a refund.
We will also try to reroute passengers from cancelled flights.

Finnair flight information

During the strike, Finnair’s flight timetables may be changed; some flights may even depart earlier than scheduled. Please check this link for preliminary flight schedules: on 4 December 2010, 5 December 2010 and 6 December 2010.

We kindly ask customers also to check the up-to-date flight departure times and cancellations before your departure at this link: Finnair flights.

We endeavour to take the best possible care of our customers, even under these unforeseen circumstances, and will do our utmost to ensure that the problems you face due to the situation are minimal.

With kind regards,
Petri Schaaf,
Global Sales Director / Global Sales”

I hope this info might help someone somewhere.

It makes me extremely sad to see the staff of one of my favourite airlines committing commercial suicide. “Mita vittua?” as they’d say in Finland (too rude to translate here, but think of “WTF?”).

Regards and safe, strike- and snow-free travels to all,

Simon

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls