Reply To: BA…no hot food on 777s

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

1. My understanding is that this will not affect any services flying from London Gatwick, or the A318 London City to New York services all of which remain unaffected.

2. This is for a two day period during which additional (hot) food will be available pre-flight in the First, Galleries and Terraces lounges to eligible customers.

3. Additional cold items will be available from the Club Kitchen in flight.

4. The cold food offered will be similar to that offered on long Club Europe sectors, ie Poached Salmon with cous cous, roast chicken salad, both of which are perfectly acceptable.

5. Arrivals Lounge remains open and fully functional for hot breakfasts at LHR T5.

I think the title of this thread is rather misleading, as this is only a temporary measure as things settle back to normal after a strike in which an impressive 80% of customers booked to travel did so.

If I have to eat cold food to support the hard working cabin crew who want to keep BA’s flag flying, then it’s the least I can do.

You will VERY shortly see some rather pleasant incentives to get people back flying Club and First on British Airways, so don’t go booking anything leisure related for the next day or so.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls