Reply To: FF Premium Cards – Are you losing or consolidating?

Back to Forum

NTarrant
Participant

Hi Simon and Mark

I had a moan at Hilton for not giving me Gold after missing it by one stay, they came back and said it was not financially viable to do so. I replied that if they viewed loyalty as not being financially viable then I would stay more at Intercontinental rather than Hilton. They have now extended my Gold membership.

The upgrade on booking is a strange way to do things I feel and who wouldn’t click the upgrade for nothing button!

I was once a real fan of Accor and was amused that they gave me a Gold A-Club card for this year. I had no way acheived the requirement. I had so many problems getting points added. The worst was the Sofitel in Dubai, 11 months for those. New Century Novotel Hong Kong, four months plus a few others, all in one year. I also was a favorite guest Accor card holder which you paid €130.00 a year to get discounted rates. This was a good deal but when they invited me to rejoin as A-Club the process was so complicated that it would not allow me to have the favorite guest aspect. Dealing with a customer service centre in France was very tiresome and took too long.

The other scheme I have had a bit of difficulty understanding is the Radisson Goldpointsplus. I was told to ask at reception if I wanted either points or BA miles, although you can convert points to miles but you have to have a certain amount. When I have asked I seem to either get nothing or far more than I expected. I don’t think I have been out of pocket, but it does seem strange.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls