Reply To: FF Premium Cards – Are you losing or consolidating?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines FF Premium Cards – Are you losing or consolidating? Reply To: FF Premium Cards – Are you losing or consolidating?

MarcusUK
Participant

Thanks for the very interesting responses.

I have been a long standing KLM member, always at gold level, (not enough flights for 60 a year to maintain platinum…but 30 a year is ok in Europe).
They seem to have sent me a steady stream of Gold & platinum hotel cards, including Accor group platinum, Hyatt Gold, & Hilton Gold. My Perks /preferences on the Hilton card, are for a room upgrade if available, & Club floor /Lounge access. Has this changed as recent stays in Dubai, Singapore & Thailand, in the last month, these have always been enabled…?

So the FlyingBlue Companies seem to catch you into their net. I agree though, that the hotel perks are few in terms of free nights now, but like Hilton, you do get some very flexible perks when you stay, & miles to a your Airline at least, thought the points are worth little.

I took advantage of the virgin Silver offer before Xmas, & with just one SQ return to Sydney business, I was fast tracked to gold. In line with this, i took the Virgin Atlantic Amex Black card, which is good in itself for earning miles fro putting all annual travel through there (cautious of those that charge a fee to use it though).
However, on the Flying Club website, you can shop also, & even get miles on Etihad, BMI, KLM, AF, for making each booking, to the Virgin Club. Using the Amex then maximises these as well of course as flights, & credit stays from hotels.
So you earn miles when you buy say a Hilton room via the FC Shop site, then when you stay, as well as on the Amex. Pretty good deal.

It seems as though most of us are juggling a little with our cards, & having to ensure we have one loyalty Airline program at a premium level?
Certainly the days of spreading the loyalty, with less travel, more cost & less value to earning & spending, i feel & see in others a sure change. Earning decent status miles or points in Europe i think is the most difficult now, it is only really on med-long haul travel where you gain any ability to accrue real miles.
I totally agree to keep high status in one or two, those with good Partners, & not just in the main alliances. I think Virgin Atlantic’s is one of he broadest ways to earn miles, & becoming truly global.
I hear they are to amalgamate to one worldwide global Airline end of this year, so this may well be one to try to maintain or attain.

I treasure the KLM FB Gold, as they are excellent in the EU great lounges, aircraft, staff & Schipol then becomes a regular pleasant base for me to use, so this Skyteam one, for KLM alone, is greatest value to me.
Certainly changes are about eh?
It really would make an interesting article in one of the BT issues, & very intriguing to have the major Airlines / Alliances information regarding changing status numbers…?

Anyone at BT know where or can gain access to this?
Thanks all…