Reply To: FF Premium Cards – Are you losing or consolidating?

Back to Forum

MarcusUK
Participant

Are you managing to hold onto your Premium Frequent Flyer cards this year or not?
I am intrigued with Business / Company funded travel policy changes, & Airlines removals of Business class in Europe, the lesser miles awarded, & more to redeem. What effects are members of the BT Community feeling?

Do you manage to hold onto the Gold cards by number of flights , or by the miles that you complete?
AF / KLM/ Flying Blue re-issue their year cards for the begining of April, & the FB Centre tell me there are a lot of downgradings now each year, many to silver. (Few miles are earned on low cost economy fares in Europe, & you must make 30+ flights to re-gain your Gold Card, as i managed to.
However, there are more personal travel members who self fund their own tickets achieving or maintaining the premium levels, when Business travellers ae getting downgraded they tell me.

However, i have ditched the BMI & Star Alliance in favour of keeping the various Virgin Airlines (soon to be one Global Airline), for my Gold status with them.
I also keep my Etihad Gold, & have held my KLM equivilant Gold for 15 yrs.
But thats it now.

Has anyone considered or changed their strategy with the lesser journeys or class changes in the current climate.
What memberships are you keeping or consolidating & what are you leaving behind?

Maybe a ? for BT to post a survey…
“Have you less premium FF cards & memberships or retained them in the last 2 years?”

It would be very interesting for BT to make some enquiries with the various Airlines or Alliances, where their levels are or have changed in he last 2 years.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls