Reply To: Why are budget airlines so successful?

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

Dear Craig, well done you turnign Ryan Air down. these are things the travelling public need to know as to the fitness of Ryan Air as an employer and the abiltiy of the pilots to perform. Paying for a type rating through bonding is acceptable but having to pay to be interviewed is something i have never heard of before. It a pity that Ryan Air pilots dont decide enmasse to ditch the scrambled eggs and turn up in jeans and t shirts, mind you O’Leary will probably love the publicity. I remember flying an Gulfstream 4 in civies at the clients request and did have some funny looks in the middle east for a refuel stop.

Bottom line re budget airlines, is that if pax new the truth, they would probably avoid the sharks like FR in favour of a slightly higher cost. I would certainly be cautious of any airline where hte pilots couldnt afford a hotel room the night before and were sleeping in their cars. The water issue is a basic health issue as you well know. Dehydration is an effect of flying, shame on FR and shame on O’Learly. Perhaps if he got the BJ’s he offered his exec class px, he woul dbe a happier man!

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls