Reply To: Why are budget airlines so successful?

Back to Forum

TominScotland
Participant

Just enjoyed two painless EZY flights this weekend to Gatwick, back from Luton, both arrived early with a minimum of fuss. I agree with those who put FR bottom of the pile but, as I said in an earlier post, sometimes there are few options if you live away from London. A very good point was made in an earlier post – yes, you can get caught by budget airline rules in terms of luggage, time etc. but its the same as with life generally, those who learn the rules quickly, don’t get into trouble!!

On pricing and to be fair to FR, I have recently bought a host of tickets ranging from 2p to £3.99 return inclusive of all extras from them – many more than the times I have paid more than BA etc. Their average inclusive cost is way, way lower than even budget rivals (BE are the worst for cost in fact). Yes, again, you can get caught out on price but you do have a choice – don’t press the “Buy” button!!

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls