Reply To: Business class fare sales ex-LON to SE AsiaCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Business class fare sales ex-LON to SE Asia Reply To: Business class fare sales ex-LON to SE Asia

MarcusUK
Participant

I agree, searching for return fares through to Sydney in the next few weeks, they are double the amounts + from this time last yr, as well as last November (SQ A380 Business return LHR – SYD was £1,930).

Prices to Asia are more than this at the moment. Business cabins have been reduced, Premium Economy is now set at the price of previous Business class (VS want £2,100 return PE to SYD!)
First Class is dis-appearing. Planes have been removed lessening services, & some are using older Aircraft, with noticeably less comforts, food, & the aircraft are looking shabby. (TG / MH for eg).

The days of booking ex other Gateways in other currencies, are gone. The value o the £ is down 30-40% against some volatile or lesser internationally used currencies even…ZA Rand, UAE Dirham, Thai Baht, & at a 40 yr low against the Australian $!.

Perhaps it is the best time to use up those miles, for long haul C travel, as they will be giving you twice the value as the fares are more than doubled now…?

I agree, no movement on long haul fares this year so far. Cannot see that changing…

VK is also correct that the taxes & add on’s have become ridiculous from the UK & will be worse in November. I travel out of EU gateways whenever possible now, & come November with the increases, on principle i would rather take a short economy flight / train to Board my long haul from the EU, than pay the UK Government money, that is being used for nothing to do with Environmental preservation.

Paying just to get off the island…or are we being enclaved here?!