Reply To: Business class fare sales ex-LON to SE AsiaCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Business class fare sales ex-LON to SE Asia Reply To: Business class fare sales ex-LON to SE Asia

cityprofessional
Participant

This time last year, there was a slew of fantastic fares to SE Asia. In particular, there was tit-for-tat discounting from BA/QF, CX, SQ and EK, on consecutive weekends, when you could get to SIN/BKK/HKG for around GBP1600 in business and about half as much again in first. For one of my trips I managed to book an EK F promotion (F for the price of C) to SIN for GBP1600

This year, no such luck. Yes, the year round TG F/C to BKK at 1500/2400 is still easily available through consolidators, TK is still doing c.GBP1600 to most of Asia, and there are still some moderately attractive QR fares, esp to BKK. But all the decent airlines are pricing out at nearly double what they were last year – yes, 2900 in C on SQ is an ok fare, but 1600 last year (a promotion that was repeated like clockwork, once every four weeks for 3 months) was much better!

The particularly cheeky one IMHO is EK – I thought EK F was distinctly average/inconsistent/amateur, and this year they want over 3400 for the same flights/routes! (and a deeply not-worth-it 2300 in C) So EK is definitely off my list, especially after the sudden devaluation of their now useless Skywards programme

So… Any ideas if there will be any more fare sales this year? I know the economy has improved, but loads can’t be much better than last year (when my last C-class flight on the SQ A380 was roughly 30% full in C…) Or any suggestions of consolidators who can get access to the decent F/C fares on BA/SQ etc? (I already know about WestEast, Lees and Emerald, thanks) Or perhaps I should wait for the traditional post-BA strike premium fare sale (and tit-for-tat response)?