Reply To: BA strikers to lose travel perks

Back to Forum

NTarrant
Participant

So BA is loosing money because of its relationship with its workforce? I think you will find Geohoveuk that it is the global recession that is causing BA to loose money as passengers are either not travelling as often, travelling in lower cabins then before or moving over to low cost carriers or other means.

Sadlt what your partner experienced after 21 years is not a lot more than many employees in other industries receive. The letter of thanks is your pay slip each month and the deposit in your bank. That may sound hard but in a large organisation it is hard to treat people the same as an SME would.

I am sorry your partner has lost her free travel but she did have a choice to strike or not just like the many crew that did work. I think that you are looking at this with emotion and from one side only. I continue to support BA by flying with them, the majority of crew do an excellent job, my wife won’t fly with any other airline (unless she has too). There are a lot of people who have made comments on this and other threads that they will not support BA in the future and that directly affects you and your partner in job security.

I hope your partner is able to press Unite to talk again with Willie Walsh and not have anymore strikes.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls