Reply To: BA strikers to lose travel perks

Back to Forum

Tim2sms
Participant

Geohoveuk – While I am truely sorry that your partner feels aggreived, one cannot deny that staff were warned of the consequences of striking. There was a choice to be made.

Beyond the Unite/BA PR is an airline in serious financial trouble, and all parts of the business being asked to help out. Some have; others seem to want to cling onto ‘rights’ and ‘entitlements’ despite the economic circumstances.

Sustainable income and benefits are incompatible with inflexibility. I truely believe the Union is not serving your partner’s long term interests, putting politics first.

I also feel UK employment law more than sufficiently protects the employee (this is a good thing), and that it serves employees well. I think Unite have expectations that simply do not fit in the internationally competitive market that we are all facing.

WW’s salary and benefits are pulbic information. You only have to go to Companies House online and pay £1 to get the info. It is also probably on the BA website for free.

I sincerely hope your partner comes out of this in the right place for them, despite my personal disagreement with the strike. It can’t be nice going through this. I have always been treated so well by BA cabin crew and have high regard for them.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls