Reply To: BA strikers to lose travel perksCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA strikers to lose travel perks Reply To: BA strikers to lose travel perks

Metmanmart
Participant

It appears that most of the posts are by people who read the newspapers..especially the DAILY MAIL who have it in for the hard working Cabin Crew..How many of you have actually read the agrrements..All the C/C I know are NOT striking just for money..There is more involved. What Walsh wants to IMPOSE are what they are fighting for..Less days off..quicker turnarounds..new fleet employing labour at much lower rates..loss of seniority..Lots of other smaller things..Walsh wants to run BA on a Ryanair basis..Is that what you want..I certainly dont..Maybe there shouldn’t be a strike, but thats what everyone has the right to do..He also wants to break the Union..If this happens then all the people writing here who belong to a Union had better watch out..Once this starts then there is no end..Yes..Everyone should get round the table but it is NOT all the Union and C/C’s fault..
BA has a lot to answer for as well..As to the perks..Anyone who uses these knows what problems are involved..Staff Travel is based on Seat Availability..You have to wait aroundnot knowing if you can travel or not..We understand this and appreciate this but don’t think it all plain sailing…maybe others should try this and then see what it entails..I agree with oldbold entirely..I will continue to support the C/C but would be happier if they all got around the table AGAIN..