Reply To: BA strikers to lose travel perksCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA strikers to lose travel perks Reply To: BA strikers to lose travel perks

batraveller2
Participant

I have never heard such rubbish as the above statement. Whilst not a fan of Willie Walsh, I think he has handled the situation in an excellent manner and is standing up to Unite. These are tough times and WW is trying to help the airline survive unlike Unite.

As for service, there have been some cutbacks, but New Club World is still an excellent product and on the whole excellent service. If it requires a few cutbacks on the champagne, I do not think this is the end of the world, and is not unique to BA. If anything does go wrong, BA are one of the best at helping you with onward connections / rebooking or providing hotel accommodation even when they strictly may not need to. I am happy to pay a slight premium for knowing that I will not be left stranded.

I have booked Club flights at the start of April and 2 in the summer for holiday to San Francisco and have every confidence in BA.

I think Willie Walsh has handled this excellently of recent, and the union are frustrated that he arranged strong contingency plans, thus limiting the impact of their strike.