Reply To: BA strikers to lose travel perks

Back to Forum

ichtop1%
Participant

i’m a layman, i’m not in a union and i dont work for an airline. I’m one of those long suffering travellers who get caught up in it all and ultimately one of those who get affected by whatever goes on……….

To Unite and their members on strike…………join the real world, take a step back and look at what you’re doing to BA and the people you need to have support from….the travelling public, and those who ultimately pay for travel, and your jobs! We’re fed up with you and we’ll travel with someone else as a result. That will cause passenger numbers to fall, reduce the need for flights, reduce the need for crew and reduce the need for jobs! At what point do you win in that.

To BA – Hold your ground. Reduce your costs, make travel cheaper, increase passenger numbers, increase flights, increase jobs when you can.

As for the latest news on perks, well that’s what a perk is…..it’s an extra you get if you’re lucky, or not foolish enough to jeapordise it.

This country is falling apart again…………and i seem to recall it was unions who brought it to it’s knees a few years ago by not understanding one of the basic rules of business, you need to cut costs when you’re losing money…..or go bust!

And it’s just embarrassing to hear union leaders or representatives talk so much rubbish in the media………..seriously, it’s embarrassing!

Or am i wrong to speak out of turn!!!!!!!!????? Probably!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls