Reply To: BA strikers to lose travel perksCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA strikers to lose travel perks Reply To: BA strikers to lose travel perks

carlton
Participant

BA clearly said that they would remove this perk for the crew that decided to join the strike movement. They had a choice.

“The joint leader of Unite, Tony Woodley, had told strikers on Monday that he believed the long-established discounts were not just a perk but “custom and practice”.

I have been split in this dispute as I think both parties have their arguments, some more valid than others, but this is utter nonsense.

The BA staff have become accustomed to this over the years, that does not change the fact that it is still a perk and can be withdrawn at anytime.

I am by no means an expert in strike negotiations however they’ve lost the plot. At the end of the day, if BA will fail to drastically reduce their costs and get a grip on the pension deficit, there will simply be no BA as we know it today in a few years time.

I guess the question is, do you up your pay and benefits short term or do you try and secure your job long term?

It’s sad to see such a great brand diminish into nothingness because of its own employees and their absolute lack of understanding the seriousness of the situation.