Reply To: Air Asia experiences

Back to Forum

bmidcfan
Participant

I read with interest that Air Asia X is expanding services on the London KUL route. But what happens when the route is no longer profitable? Air Asia’s attitude is to send a text message one week before departure and let you know that the flights are cancelled. No alternatives provided. Just a simple cancellation. TO hell with passengers who booked months in advance.That’s what happened to us. We booked last year in June having seen the adverts in the Metro so we went for KUL MDC ( Manado in Sulawesi). Whilst on holiday in Japan we got a taext to say the flights were totally cancelled. Rang Air Asia, no alternative provided. Requested to be rerouted to Makassar, was told a new reservation was required at a higher price. Anyway managed to book with Silk Air to MDC. and 5 times the price. Got to KL and called Air Asia was told by the supervisor that no rerouting or transfer is offered. Just a refund that will take 30 to days. Requested to speak to the CEO, was told that was not possible and the call cannot be transfered. Not a policy in Asia to transfer calls to the CEO’s office. The supervisor informed me it was a professional airline!!!!!!!!

Does one have any recourse, considering that we had to pay 5 times more for the flight or loose the resort booking as it was paid in advance! Also had to spend overnight in Singapore! Travel insurance company tells me I have no claim as I did not miss or cancel the flight due to illness.
I guess Air Asia X did the same when they withdrew from the Abu Dhabi route recently!
Moral of this story: DO NOT BOOK WITH AIR ASIA!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls