Reply To: Reduced Catering Still Applies

Back to Forum

AdrianHenryAsia
Participant

Having just flown back today from DXB in F I can categorically say the flight was a complete shambles.

No hot food, no second meal service, no wash bags, no sleeper suits, no duty free, and an economy bar with wine that tasted like vinegar. Not what I’ve paid several thousand pounds for.

The cabin crew offered my wife one of their meals as she is pregnant and couldn’t eat the utter slop they offered. The food was far from tasty and filling with the crew having to hand out biscuits like some form of school tuck shop.

The crew provided and excellent service with what they had and were polite and courteous – even when probed on the strike action they remained professional.

The plane was fully staffed – with no missing crew members and all experienced hires (i.e. none the new crew which they had trained up to cover in the strike). Therefore I can NOT work out what the plane which left LHR 24 hours ago was not carrying everything it needed – absolute lunacy. I absolutely refused to believe that the strike which ended 4 days ago has any bearing on BA being able to ensure the plane has all of the required items to provide the correct levels of service.

There is a 5 page letter already in the post to BA and a copy has been sent to WW – although I very much doubt it will do any good.

I will not be continuing to back BA in this farce unless I get some answers from the company as to why the service was so bad in a period not even within the strike with a fully crewed plane!!

I will however moan no longer – I will simply vote with my feet and take my business elsewhere, there are plenty of other airlines.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls