Reply To: Reduced Catering Still Applies

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

Can’t comment on the food aspect first hand, though I just cannot see catering being impacted that seriously.

Gatwick flights were still serving hot food on longhaul during the strike.

Colleagues who flew longhaul even during the strike proper told me they were served cold food which was very tasty and filling, Pommery in Club from the mini Club Europe style bottles, and plentiful miniatures. So the claim about no alcohol being available days AFTER a strike just doesn’t add up.

Would be interesting to hear other first hand accounts (mine are second hand). While I think there is bound to be some impact, I doubt very much this will continue until March 30 when the next strike starts.

Anecdotally I have heard a example yesterday of BA crews loudly blaming cutbacks for lack of available food/drinks and this might be a tactic being deployed by more militant crewmembers even after the strike. Suggest demanding to supervise them checking the galley for food and drink if they look difficult and suggest nothing has been loaded….!

Frankly the chicken salad (served on a China plate) is not all that bad, and worth stomaching to be rid of the union morons who seek to destroy the company.

This sounds like more Union tosh to me…

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls