Reply To: Walsh vs. Unite (the latest score)Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Walsh vs. Unite (the latest score) Reply To: Walsh vs. Unite (the latest score)

VintageKrug
Participant

I think the Unions are being very badly advised on how to run this strike.

Woodley is a liability; a dinosaur from another era. He and his cohorts have repeatedly set out factual inaccuracies (viz. 20 BA aircraft parked up in Shannon, when there are precisely 0 BA aircraft parked there).

The pics of a rabble of BA crew wearing Walsh masks with devil eyes, dressed in hoodies and waving Unite banners with only passing reference to BA reveals this strike for what it is; an attempt by Unite to grow its power base and become an even more destructive force in Britain by turning back the clock to the 1970s.

Much better would have been to ask all crew on the picket lines to wear uniforms, or at least smart attire, and demonstrate their calm professionalism. Instead they looked like a baying mob.

I am enjoying WW’s Alan Partridge style set pieces; each day they are getting better at lighting and make up; shame there’s not much they can do about the teeth…

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/strike-ballot-ba-response/public/en_gb

I think it’s actually good he is not wearing a tie, and this is a carefully planned look; he seems like a working man, not a CEO, relaxed and in control, and not needing the “armour” of a suit and tie.