Reply To: Walsh vs. Unite (the latest score)Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Walsh vs. Unite (the latest score) Reply To: Walsh vs. Unite (the latest score)

MartynSinclair

Looking at the various reporting on Sky news and also the BA website, so far it seems that its a game of 2 halves. All that I am hearing thus far is:

1. How many aircraft are parked up at Heathrow…
2. The % of cabin crew working at Heathrow and Gatwick..
3. The % of flights taking off at Gatwick and Heathrow..
4. Unite saying the strike is a success…
5. Walsh saying he is more than delighted how his plans to beat the strike have worked…
6. TV cameras apparently banned from T5..
7. Walsh looking more like he is on a Sunday jolly – the man should smarten himself up and actually look like he is the CEO of a national airline – put a jacket and tie on and at least look like you are a director of British Airways PLC…
8. The senior Unite oficials who earlier came across so professionally now being repalced by the ‘flat cap’ union brigade being interviewed…

Depsite being a fan of BA and trying hard to come across in this blog as impartial, all I am seeing are two sets of people behaving like spoilt little brats, each trying to out do the other, with absolutely no attempt to actually resolve the problems and issues.

I realise that there are some extremely serious issues at hand and the travelling public as usual are the bottom of the food chain. Perhaps if Unite and BA focussed more on showing the public they are BOTH trying to find a solution rather than throwing their rattles out of their resepctive prams, a resolution to this situation would be far quicker to find.

So far the score seems to be:

Walsh 0 – 0 Unite