Reply To: Why do I keep returning to BA?

Back to Forum

acchaladka
Participant

Ah les français. Clarkson is pretty hilarious – thank you for the quotation – and I can’t legally comment further as a Canadian. Maudit anglais !

This is a thread that raises a question or two for me, in what percentage of the posters here are Brits? I’m an American who immigrated to Canada and now gets to fly too much (pardon my use of the three-lettered curse word “get” there), and I feel the same about Air Canada as many of you seem to about British Airways.

Which is to say, “O Air Canada, O my dear Air Canada, sucky and expensive you may be, but you’re all mine, baby.” Yes, I’m really looking forward to the moment I see the Air Canada livery at the gate in Hong Kong, on my way home for a week.

And I have the same reaction to US domestic flying as everyone here does, it’s awful and to be avoided whenever possible. I would like to add Air India to the list of ‘worst ever’ though only from one experience in C class.

About US Airways specifically, I’ve just finished William Langeweiche’s as-usual brilliant book on the US1549 crash landing on the Hudson, _Fly by Wire_. In it he quotes the co-pilot as saying “No one likes working for the company” and goes on to write about life as an airline employee and the daily humiliations thereof. Worth a reminder about their lives, though we may be paying. And if all else fails I find ‘sunshine up the bum’ to be a useful approach for the unpleasant attendants.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls