Reply To: Why do I keep returning to BA?

Back to Forum

Senator
Participant

Simon79,

You are spot on! While I am based in Sweden I still think our European airlines including BA is superior to any US airline. I also agree that US Airways is the armpit of air travel in the US of A. I have been in their “First” cabin about five times in the last three years and it is utter rubbish…. They make UA and CO look like best-in-class worldwide in comparison.

For me, BA, LX, and LH Italia have the best value for money with their in-expensive business/club offering of €350-500 just about anywhere in Europe ex.ARN.

There was an interesting post in this forum earlier this week regarding “air-rage” and passenger behaviour. In my 12 years as a frequent traveller (average 20 returns a year) I can count on one hand the times staff (onboard or ground) have been either rude or completely disinterested. The incidents have been down to poor command of language or someone perhaps having a bad day (or life). I for one, am always polite, courteous to staff and it is reciprocal in 99% of cases on all airlines excluding the above-mentioned US Airways and perhaps TK. I tend to find the BA staff very approachable… However, I am not the best judge on scale down of services on board as I tend to only fly BA ARN-LHR return.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls