Reply To: The Annual ‘Wanderlust’ Review. The Airlines.

Back to Forum

acchaladka
Participant

Hello there,

I found this thread in searching for comment on “Jet Airways.” I happened to fly the business class, as an Air Canada codeshare from LHR to DEL in January and I think it may have been the nicest I’ve ever been on. I’m curious how it ranks – apologies if this is the wrong place for this question (please direct me if so).

It was an empty cabin, a new 777 and though I’m not as experienced as some on here I have had a fair amount of business class flying on Air Canada and ANA. The others I’ve found merely competent compared to this one experience on Jet.

What made it stand out for me was a couple things. First, that the lounge at Heathrow was actually Etihad – they have a sharing arrangement – then the boarding was early but that seemed to be so that you would have enough time to sit and enjoy your _watermelon_ juice (suprisingly good) or the usual range of choices, followed by a meal that seemed well above average (I took the veg curry option). The kicker was though at boarding they asked if I wanted a “sleeping suit” which I had to have them repeat before they just smiled and brought it to me – a roomy, clean cotton pyjama set, thankfully without their logo on it. With that, socks and sleeping mask I spent a good six hours horizontal, the most I’ve ever slept on a plane.

Is this something others have experienced in business? I’m now based in Delhi and flying Jet every chance I can but have not hit on the same great experience with them – old non-flat seats in from Bangkok and I fly economy for non-international flights.

Thanks in advance for your patience with my newbie-ness.

Ted

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls