Reply To: The Annual ‘Wanderlust’ Review. The Airlines.Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines The Annual ‘Wanderlust’ Review. The Airlines. Reply To: The Annual ‘Wanderlust’ Review. The Airlines.

Hess963
Participant

Hi everyone !

Definitely those well known travel magazines like the BT German edition has its own yearly survey — and no one here needn’t be a visionary to assume that LH is often in the top airlines voted. As Germany is still the homeground of LH. Most big German and international based companies in the country do tend to have “good contracted fares” with the “Kranich”. So there is a huge portion of elite travellers in Germany. And LH has, inspite of its in my opinion mediocre business class product, striving elite members who have reached Senator status/ * Gold status and aspiring the Hon status. Well, you cannot resent them as they want to taste those great services in the First Class Terminals/Lounges in FRA and MUC.

Oman Air is still a newcomer. But after experiencing their premium cabins — it is really promising. Just look at the impact it already made with Gulf Air (literally in which Oman Air originated from). Gulf Air has introduced a new premium cabin and eliminating the C and F section. And now offering the F seat as the new premium seat which Oman Air has presided as C class seat. Well done Oman Air for showing your fellow Middle East carriers where to go and how to be innovative and inspiring in the same time !! And when Oman Air has the destinations then it will certainly make a name — hopefully a positive one !

Regarding Bangkok Airways — it is a boutique airline and actually renowned in South East Asia. Its lounges in Koh Samui and BKK are good as well the nice C cabin for short durations. So no wonder that Europeans have found this “small gem” and like it. And yes it is in some destinations very competitive and slightly better than TG.

About the pro-BA hype … I am a fan of BA and Gold status holder. But I am definitely not the “all too blind follower and exaggerating pax of BA”
I assume as well that the top ten list shows more the choices over the Y cabin rather the premium cabin. BA should always remember that it still has a Y cabin after all. Regerdless of the discussion that premium pax subsidise the Y cabin or not.

Well, it is important to widen one’s horizon and always be open for new and constructive approaches and opinions. But still be cautious not to be influenzed so easily from certain stories. One’ s own perception is often right !