Reply To: The Annual ‘Wanderlust’ Review. The Airlines.Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines The Annual ‘Wanderlust’ Review. The Airlines. Reply To: The Annual ‘Wanderlust’ Review. The Airlines.

Hess963
Participant

Hi everyone !!

Yes, Tailspin — I am one of the surprise people here. First I thought this magazine is a German speaking and reflects the choices of the German speaking community on the continent. Surprising indeed !! — to realize it is UK based and published !

So back to the results !
Well, SQ is not only no. 1 in BT’s readers( Europe or Asia Pacific) point of view but from Wanderlust’s point of view as well. Well, SQ has still strong supporters but I believe this is more Y class pax rather than premium pax ( just read the thread of C class service and seats of SQ)
That Oman Air failed ’cause of lack of voters will definitely change next year when they are going to be more known to the public then. Their premium cabins are just “very good and has good potentials”. The Top Ten in my opinion reflects more the choices of UK/Europe and Asian pax. But the biggest deceptions on the UK side would have been British Airways ( while VS is ranked 8th ), Cathay Pacific and Thai Airways on the Asian side ( only the wellknown SQ and MH )
The boutique airline Bangkok Airways being on the list and “leaving behind” the bigger Thai sister is in a way ” a sensation ” . Kingfisher being on the list while Jet Airways is not in the list ,although 9W is more famous and actually well presented in the rest of the world than Kingfisher. But it seems that the perspectives and choices of the pax are shifting.

The other airlines on the list are well renowned and definitely not “first timers” and I have tried all ten in Y and C classes as well as Prem Y class( NZ, VS) and they are good and in some services absolutely great. This survey reflects a different view and choices rather than the typical one we read with BT every year. It is great to see other perspectives and not only — “the best PR” or “often spoken by some circles of people” or ” the best sponsor of a publishing media “

Nice Tailspin !

Hess