Reply To: FinnairCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Finnair Reply To: Finnair

SimonRowberry
Participant

Hi Martyn,

Sorry to hear about the bussing experience at HEL. I presume that this was off the LHR flight?

Bussing was very common because of the lack of contact gates in the non-Schemgen area at HEL. The new terminal extension became fully operative by the end of December, with many more airbridges. Although bussing from the LHR flight can still happen, the chances should now be much lower.

I agree with the comments about the lack of a wide range of food and drink in the Via Lounge. This is, however, typical of most of the lounges at Nordic Airports. It’s partly to do with the alcohol issue that Ardmarnoch mentioned. The Via Lounge is better than most at HEL actually – the SAS Lounge, for example, has no spirits, which is common with most SK Lounges across the Nordic lands (only the Scandinavian SK Lounges as opposed to the SK Business Lounges serve liquor, so you can only get it if you are Star Alliance Gold!). The Via Lounge is therefore a bit of an exception.

I agree about getting on board having had a few. NOT a good idea. However, they don’t seem to mind if you LEAVE the plane having had a few – they are very regular with the drinks service on board!!

FlyingPenguin – glad you liked it. I agree with all you have said.

It’s also worth looking at their J-Class fares in the summer months. I flew myself, my wife and my son to BKK via HEL in Business last summer, and booked around this time of year. If I’d waited until June, I would’ve saved something like 60% of the total fare that I paid.

I should point out that unlike some people on this Forum, I have no connection with Finnair or any other airline or operator – I just think that they are great in terms of what you get for what you pay!!

Happy travelling,

Simon